Not much new here...
I've not been terribly adventurous lately. I re-purchased the Wolf Blass Eaglehawk Shiraz, and once again find it enjoyable. I think I will replace the current bottle and maybe get a few more to have in stored in the basement. It's a nice after work on a Friday wine, or take to a casual dinner, or Saturday afternoon or whatever. I also opened another bottle of the Emiliano Coyam wine I like so much. Unfortunately it was a little corked. I tried to pretend it wasn't and drank a lot of it anyways, but there is no denying that off taste. I also had a bottle of the Emiliano Novas...let me look that up...yup Novas organic Carmenere Cabernet $17.55. Same company as the Coyam, a little cheaper and still really good. I have a bottle of the Emilano Adobe Organic Syrah to try. I have pretty high expectations.
I also opened another Ontario Riesling that some friends had bought up this summer, the 2005 St. Urban Riesling from Vineland Estates. Fantastic. At least as good as the Cave Springs, and slightly more concentrated I think. I checked their website to find the price and it is not currently listed, but I did find a previous price for the 2004 release, $20, so I imagine it would be around the same. It is just a couple of dollars more than the Cave Springs and I would happily purchase (or receive) either. Unfortunately I think it is only available at the winery, or possibly in some specialty stores in Ontario, neither of which I have access to, so I will have to just reminisce fondly and hope that someone I know is coming or going to Ontario in the near future. I also still want to explore the world of BC Rieslings, but I haven't see that many. Lots of Pinot Gris out west, haven't seen so much Riesling.

1 Comments:
Oh, there is much reisling here! Since I have been most remiss in my sisterly duties and have not yet got you a bday prezzie, would you like a couple bottles shipped to you?
Post a Comment
<< Home