Wines O' Whitehorse

Reviews of wines that can be purchased in the Whitehorse Liquor Store and anything else I care to comment on.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Wolf Blass Bottom Tier Still Tasty

I thought I'd try the Wolf Blass Eaglehawk Shiraz to see how it compares to their slightly more expensive (a couple of bucks) regular line. It is still pretty good, and costs about $15. Not too fruity and pretty good flavour although I think it lacks a bit of intensity compared to the regular stuff. This would be very nice for a casual dinner.

I believe Wolf Blass is changing their labelling. They used to have a different colour for each wine of their regular line, and an I think a corresponding Eaglehawk line offering. Now it seems they have a couple of Cab blends with the red label (I think I complained about this earlier as they tricked me into buying the Cab Merlot when what I expected was the Cab Shiraz - read the label!) and a bunch of different wines with the yellow label, which formerly was reserved for their Cabernet Sauvignon. So I will have to pay more attention when grabbing a bottle from the shelf in the future.

Whatever the labelling, Wolf Blass is pretty reliable for having consistent flavour year to year so you generally do know what you are getting if you read what the label says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home