Ontario Nebbiolo
I decided today was a good day to try the Ridgepoint Nebbiolo. I mentioned the disappointing Chardonnay a few weeks ago (the remains are still in the fridge, haven't gotten around to cleaning the drains with it yet). The Nebbiolo is a very nice red and a bit novel as I've never seen a Nebbiolo from anywhere before, except Italy where it originates. It is not an exciting wine, and I imagine the expensive Barolo I have in the basement is better (same grape), but I think it is great for Canada to try growing and winemaking with a wider array of grapes. I don't recall it being too expensive, so I imagine it is worth whatever I paid for it, both in pleasant taste and novelty.
FYI: the cheap Hardy's white (Columbard and a few other grapes blended) was not as pleasant as the red. It was probably of comparable quality, but cheap red is more drinkable than cheap white. I will not be buying it again.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home