Loire - it's just fun to say
You have to say it with a cheesy french accent. Loire.
Why are we saying 'Loire' you ask? Because I had a ridiculous day at work and am spoiling myself with a few glasses of the delight that is white Sancerre. To be perfectly honest, Sancerre is not the correct wine to follow work absurdities. It is elegant and captivating and so sharp you could sculpt diamonds with it. It deserves an audience, a great dish, applause etc. Not so much the weird day and the good, but basic pizza that I am having it with. However, I don't have any of that Mexican beer I have been craving and the Sancerre is what spoke to me when I went down to the cellar for a bottle, so I am drinking it, and admiring it, with some acceptable pizza and bit of telling the dogs about what a ridiculous work place I have. I simultaneously want to punch and hug all the people in it at the same time. A strange bunch, that is for sure.
As for spughy's comment on my last post: Yes! Fairview, that it right. Terrible label, very nice wines. And I think it was the Cab Franc we had the other night. Very nice.
Oh Sancerre, how I adore you.
FYI: for my birthday this year, I am accepting a nice example of Chablis. Hint, hint.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home