Wines O' Whitehorse

Reviews of wines that can be purchased in the Whitehorse Liquor Store and anything else I care to comment on.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

It's been a long time...

Winter is mostly over and it is time to bring my blog out of hibernation. It has been a super long time since my last post. The computer screen at my previous job made my eyes hurt all the time, so I never wanted to look at a computer at home, thus I let the blog slide for a while. But, new job, not sore eyes and some renewed spring enthusiasm have entered my life in the past couple of months, so here goes...

Cathedral Cellar Shiraz - South Africa, $17.95
Good God what a rip off! There is nothing good about this wine. No interesting flavours and an odour reminicent of paprika. For $12 I wouldn't be surprised, but $17.95!?!??!!?! Don't buy this; it is yucky and you can do much better for a similar price (see my previous entry about Wolf Blass).

Sometime soon I will write about the delights of the Mission Hill Reserve wines in the liquor store. They're Canadian and pretty darn nice so I am pleased to have access to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home