Chilean wine still good - maybe I'll visit
I was out to a tasty yet pricey dinner at the Market Reform Real Food Kartofeln Haus Taverne, and we had the Palo Alto red (I think a blend) from Chile. I've had it before a few times and I think glowingly mentioned it here at least once, it was my downfall one night that ended up with tequila drinks at Coasters, followed by barfing and the worst hangover the next day - I recall that the Palo Alto was so tasty I had to drink a lot of it and that led to my lapses in judgment regarding tequila. That was two years ago, and I don't think I have had it since. But I had a glass tonight, and it really was easy drinking red goodness. It used to be about $16 I think, probably hasn't gone up too much. We also had the Fetzer Gewurztraminer with our lime coconut curry. It was quite far on the sweet side, not what I would drink by itself, but absolutely perfect with a curry. I would actually select that if I was looking for a spicy-food wine, but never drink it otherwise.
And now a question - why does the cat fart so much? Who ever heard of a flatulent cat before? He is so cute, but at times so stinky! Sigh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home