Artezin = yummy
Anna recommended the Artezin zinfindel a while ago, and I picked a bottle up when we did a liquor haus run before Christmas. I opened the Artezin yesterday (Thursday) and only let myself have a little more than a glass (hot tip - if you have a lovely wine, but need to limit your consumption, eat something sweet and the wine will taste like crap so you will stop drinking it). It was very nice. Today (Friday) it doesn't matter so much if I over-indulge a little bit, and I am on the verge of doing so. Yummy, yummy, Artezin in my tummy - or pleasantly interacting with my olfactory bulb and taste buds as it may be. Zinfindel can often be a little too fruity and alchoholic, especially in a cheaper bottle. This is a medium priced bottle (~$26?) and the price reflects improved quality. It is very nice, smooth, but not completely without tannins, and not too juicy, but with good deep fruit, good spice, very pleasing. A little similar to a pleasant Shiraz, but maybe a bit more boozy...yup 14.5%. I recommend. It actually tastes a bit like the Menage a Trois, but better as the Menage a Trois is a blend that has always struck me as just a little bit off. This is a single varietal and is not off at all. Yum.

2 Comments:
Artizin yummy but Two Hands even better. Having suffered a "setback" to life plans recently, I determined that I should have an expensive bottle of wine, to honour said setback, and to chart a course for the future. Into the likkerhaus I went, and armed with a Visa that had not suffered in recent months at the hands of the YLC, I determined that it was in my best interests to purchase a $76 dollar bottle of Bella's Garden Shiraz. Indulgent? yes. Deserved? I like to think so. Tasty, why yes, but it is pretty serious stuff, and it was way better after it had been opened, sat open for a couple of hours, re-sealed using one of those suck-the-air out doo-dads, and sipped the following evening. Perhaps this is why one might cellar such wine for 12+ years, as recommended by the Two Hands Winery? I know not. I am an ignorant person who is not good at stockpiling wine.
Anyway. I recommend it. Although, I don't know if, ultimately, I liked it 76 dollars a lot. It's hard to say. Nice logo, though. Maybe I'll try one of their $36 bottles, and see what that's like : P
I am taking it upon myself to call your attention to another fine new wine at the likker-haus: Red Willow Shiraz and some Cab-Merlot from some winery in the OK Valley. Ok - this is a bad comment, since I can't remember the company's name, but it's about $18, and it's pretty good. I think I like the cab-merlot better than the shiraz, but both are tolerable.
Post a Comment
<< Home