Two New-World Chardonnays
I've been drinking Chardonnay for the past couple of weeks as red was starting to feel too much for my delicate stomach. I've gone through two bottles, the Prospect Winery (Okanagan) Chardonnay at about $18, and the Adobe organic Chardonnay from Chile for about $16. I thought the Adobe was fine, but definitely not great. It had good flavours, but a bit of that cheap white taste. The Prospect Winery Chardonnay on the other hand was very nice and I will be buying it again, possibly in place of the Oyster Bay Chardonnay from Australia which is about four dollars more. It was really nice tasting, with great stone fruit flavours, nice and fresh with none of that off, cheap flavour that I am not fond of. So for an extra two bucks, I will go with the Prospect version of Chardonnay and bi-pass the Adobe. Yay! Another good Canadian wine in the local liquour store.
Addendum: The Prospect Winery Chardonnay is actually a little less than $16 so it is not only better, but also cheaper than the Adobe. Nice!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home