Cheap Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon
Cono Sur Cabernet Sauvignon. Meh, but for $13 it is quite satisfactory. I'd bring this to dinner with someone who usually drinks wine out of a box (*ahem*) and not feel I was being cheap. For a buck or two or three more you could go with something better, either the Santa Rita Cab Sauv ($14) or Cab Sauv Reserve ($16), or maybe a Cab Shiraz blend from Australia (~$15).
This would also be a good wine for mulling as it is a bit fruity and limp for a Cab Sauv, and the spices and juice would give it a boost.

2 Comments:
Is the Lodi 337 going downhill, or did I just drink too much of it?
Maybe you should buy a bottle and try it and let me know, rather than trifling with meppy little Cono Surs.
I'll get back to you on that. I have a bottle of 337 in my current stash.
Post a Comment
<< Home