In your spare time...
For some reason, I got up this morning and decided to actively seek out and peruse the wine list at the Tate Modern (museum of modern art i.e. sponsored weirdness on display). I can't remember why this popped into my head as an activity for today, but it has proved to be an entertaining one. Last time I was in London I had big plans to visit the Tate Modern for lunch and sample some of their wine offerings (not so interested in the "art"). I had read somewhere that the Tate Modern had a really good listing of wines available by the glass and was pretty excited and prepared to pay quite a bit for it (pretend that the price in pounds is really dollars and then don't look too hard at the Visa bill - works like a charm for enjoying yourself in London). I had also planned to go to a famous food market and the tea museum that were all within a few blocks of each other. Unfortunately, I got stuck at the really rather impressive British Museum for the whole day and then skipped off to the theatre for the evening, so I didn't have time. Anyways, I looked up the website this morning, and also discovered that the Tate Britain has a nice wine list too. We can't get any of the wines here, but it is full of informative snippets about the various regions and countries of origin. I have also discovered my new favourite bizarre Australian wine name - Suckfizzle Sauvignon/Semillon from the Margaret River area.
So if you have some spare time, have a look at the Tate Britain and Tate Modern wine lists. The menus are a little inspirational too (no recipes unfortunately).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home