Wines O' Whitehorse

Reviews of wines that can be purchased in the Whitehorse Liquor Store and anything else I care to comment on.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

A nice BC Pinot Gris

I opened a bottle of Lang Vineyards Pinot Gris last week (about $17-18, available in some VQA stores and from the winery). It was reall quite nice, good intensity of favour (nice citrus), but still crisp and refreshing. If I could buy it here, I would get it again as a substitute for other resonably priced summer whites for dinner parties (like the Italian pinot grigios I can get here). It is a few dollars more, but worth it for the quality difference.

I got my new laptop. Quite exciting. It is so much faster than my old computer and I can use multiple applications at the same time (which I haven't been able to do at home for a few years now). The 'mouse' and keyboard are taking a little to get used to. I might just plug in the attachable ones from my ld computer. I will resist all urges to join Facebook or I will become chained to the computer.


Jean and Dennis have shipped up a case of wine from Ontario as 'supplies' for their visit next week. A good selection by the looks of it. I look forward to helping them make use of it. I do miss having access to Ontario wines and the LCBO Vintages. Sigh. I am free from the stinky air pollution and overcrowdedness, but it did have some perks.

1 Comments:

At Sat Jun 09, 12:15:00 p.m. PDT, Blogger Rachel said...

The typos are a little embarrassing, but I blame the unfamiliar keyboard. And how do I turn the spell-check back on...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home