Wines O' Whitehorse

Reviews of wines that can be purchased in the Whitehorse Liquor Store and anything else I care to comment on.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Guilty Pleasure and an addendum...

I really ought to review my wine blog more often, as some of the things I see I have reviewed in the past I had forgotten. Nothing bad. I will get to try the Masi Masianco again as Mum had it recommended to her by someone at the liquor store and it is currently sitting in the fridge. We also have a bottle of the Casillero (sp?) del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon that I had previously written was good, but had forgotten I had ever tried.

Addendum to a previous post regarding a $35ish St. Hallet Shiraz that I speculated might be very good as the $27 bottle from the same producer was nice. Yikes. Pretty much like dense black cherry cough syrup or gussied up Yellow Tail. Not very good.

And now for the guilty pleasure that I just can't stop liking...Okanagan Granny Smith Apple Cider. I can toss those back so easily. I think they have enough acid to counter the usually sickening sweetness of the other ciders from that producer. I've been keeping some in the fridge, and when I feel like an alcoholic beverage, but don't want to open a bottle of wine, I have one of those. I have also taken to diluting it 1:1 with club soda. Then it is less strong, but the flavour is still good and you can drink "more" without getting silly. Other wise it is too easy to drink too many of them. I have been making fun of various Alaskans for years regarding their fondness for such teenage girl drinks, so this will be our little secret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home