Wines O' Whitehorse

Reviews of wines that can be purchased in the Whitehorse Liquor Store and anything else I care to comment on.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I stand corrected...

I believe I may have stated quite vehemently in the past that Yellow Tail sucks. I revise that to 'almost all Yellow Tail sucks, while some of it is drinkable'. A neighbor brought the Yellow Tail Sauvignon Blanc to dinner the other night, and it was not awful. It was not what I really like as a Sauv Blanc, I prefer a cooler climate, more zesty and less fruity, but this was a pleasant beverage in a hotter climate style. I suppose it was like other Yellow Tail wines, i.e. extremely fruity, but it didn't have any oak on it so it didn't share that sin. Really, that is what was wrong with the Chardonnay, way too much oak, and definitely on the overly fruity side. The reds I've had are also very fruity, and over oaked to the point were they are unpleasant and resemble cough syrup. But this one gets a pass. You can likely do a lot better for the same or lesser price, but this was perfectly enjoyable as a table wine with a casual dinner.

2 Comments:

At Thu Jun 30, 08:16:00 a.m. PDT, Blogger spughy said...

Wow, I almost expect to see a Yellowtail ad on this blog... hee hee.

 
At Thu Jun 30, 12:15:00 p.m. PDT, Blogger Rachel said...

I'm a big person; I can admit when I'm wrong. Sort of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home