Wines O' Whitehorse

Reviews of wines that can be purchased in the Whitehorse Liquor Store and anything else I care to comment on.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Another Nice Chilean Syrah

Valdivieso Reserva Syrah. ~$20. Worth it. I would like to make this my house wine - if I get the house. But it is a little pricey if you have lots of new bills and a mortgage to pay, so I might just have to stick with tap water for a while. The Valdivieso Syrah is really nice, not too heavy, but perfectly substantial. Nice fruit, but not too fruity, nice spice, but not too spicy and it has a good sniff of coffee to it, and blackcurrent, but not in a Cab Sauv way, more jammy. Very enjoyable, I will commence with recommending it to people. I think it might even persuade the die hard Shiraz haters that something very nice can be done with the grape. Not so austere or muscular as a Cab Sauv, but quite elegant and with decent weight. And also not suffering from overdone, too heavy, fruity, oaky, concentrated shirazziness. Nice wine. Pleasure to drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home