Wines O' Whitehorse

Reviews of wines that can be purchased in the Whitehorse Liquor Store and anything else I care to comment on.

Friday, June 14, 2024

Steak wine, Canadian, Cab Franc - these are things I like

It's been a while. Bordertown Cab Franc (could autocorrect stop making Cab into Can please?) is very good. I find it's been getting harder to find a nice, full bodied, dry red. The California offerings in local stores tend to be sweet and oaked, in a way that suggests mass market appeal and no actual craftsmanship. this wine is $25, which for 2024 in Whitehorse is about what you need to pay for something drinkable, although there are some decent wines close to $20. Gone are the days of the $16 steal. This is good and I do tend to like Cabernet Franc. not sure why I decided to revive the blog after 10 years, but I felt inspired. Steak, asparagus, kale salad and wine. Can't be beat. I also can't see what I'm typing and thus the punctuation and spelling is horrible. Am I going to resume regular blogging? No. but it was fun to do today. now to see if I can add a photo...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home