Vague memory of some nice wines...
Vague because it was a while ago, not because I had too much.
Last week we had some friends from Ontario over for dinner. They brought a couple of wines with them; an Orvieto which is still in the fridge as we had a chilled white ready to go, and Angus the Bull Caberbet Sauvignon from Australia. Angus the Bull is just over $22. It was a very user friendly Cabernet Sauvignon, nice flavour, not too fruity, not too tannic, pretty smooth. I recommend it for sure as I think it would appeal to most people. I'd recommend it more if it was under $20, but whatever.
The white we had was the Barefoot Sauvignon Blanc that we sampled and purchased at the Rotary Wine Festival in November. I don't think the Yukon Liquor Corp has picked it up for general distribution as it is not on thier price list, but if you do happen to find a bottle, it is a very pleasant white. I think it is from California or maybe Australia so it is not too sharp and green, has some nice fruitiness, quite dry, and was very pleasant to drink.
Please forgive any atrocious grammar or spelling.
Something I just discovered today is that my sister may not be the only person who reads this blog (not that anyone ever writes comments or anything - pout). My friend Clare said she sent the URL to a few friends. I figure to be more entertaining to the masses (okay, maybe 5 people) I should rant more. That is popular in the media now days and who am I to have integrity in my wine recommending when I can instead spew meaningless ravings to attract attention to myself, perhaps finding like minded loonies who will make bumper stickers that read 'Rachel for PM' or some such nonsense. Okay, here I go....um...hmmmmmm...what to rave about.... stickers on fruit annoy me, but it really isn't worth getting worked up about. I guess I'm not that angry today. Something to work on.

1 Comments:
You could rant about how other countries don't sell Canadian wine. A colleague of Stirling's who lives in Britain came to dinner at our place a few weeks ago and was blown away by the quality and price of the wine (an Adora white) we served him. Canadian wines would do really well overseas (hell, just in the US) but they are not marketed there nearly as much.
Post a Comment
<< Home