Wines O' Whitehorse

Reviews of wines that can be purchased in the Whitehorse Liquor Store and anything else I care to comment on.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Vina Tarapaca Cabernet Syrah

Last night we were treated to dinner at the Raven in Haines Junction by our house guests. Of course it was a wonderful dinner and Hans and Christine are such wonderful hosts. I have no idea how they remember my name as I haven't been there in 4 years. Perhaps that is why they are so successful in the hospitality industry. Good for them. With dinner we had the Vina Tarapaca Cabernet Syrah from Chile. It's $15.65 in the liquor store, and about double that in a restaurant. I definately recommend it, as it is a good price, and went nicely with all of our dinners, a pleasant red with good fruit and body and nothing offensive about it. Give it a try. And if you enjoy fine dining and have never been to the Raven, get thee to Haines Junction. It is worth the drive and the expense. Be sure to make a reservation in advance as they are quite busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home